Monday, June 6, 2011

Red Rose Skirt

I was given this beautiful material after my brother-in-laws wedding in 2004.  My in-laws purchased it for the red carpet in the aisle.  The wedding was held outside but the material washed up great.  There was around 10 yards of it.  A year after their wedding we both had girls and so I made them matching dresses out of some of it and a doll outfit.  Well, I really liked this skirt pattern but it called for a lot of material and I didn't want to purchase that amount so as I was digging through my leftovers I found this piece.  There was enough (since I had to cut the material with a nap it took up more) to make this skirt (I have leftovers to make a few more doll outfits.)  The skirt turned out to be quiet heavy and so I tightened the elastic quite a bit.  Since it is for after I have the baby I couldn't model it quite yet.  It is floor length so I will have to wear it with heels.  Again because it was made of leftovers it essentially cost me nothing to make.

1 comment: