Friday, June 17, 2011

Girl Clothes

 My oldest daughters favorite color is red.  She doesn't like dresses too much but I thought if I made her red dresses she might like them.  These are size 7 so may fit her next year.  Anyway the one on the left is made of brocade and has an asian inspired collar.  Brocade likes to shed and so I had a hard time sewing it.  But it is beautiful.  Maybe with more experience I will get better with it.  The one on the right is gingham with a white ribbon fencing machine sewn on.  The red roses are hand sewn on and the stems are hand embroidered.  Unfortunately, my daughter said she doesn't like either dress.  I will see how she feels when it gets closer to her wearing them.  If not they will be saved for my younger daughter who will have many beautiful hardly worn dresses to enjoy.
My oldest daughter loves skirts and simple tee shirts to wear for church.  I made both these skirts.  The one on the left has three tiers of different colors of butterfly material.  It comes down to her knees and will fit her immediately.  I am putting it in the fair though in October so she will have to wait until then.  The first tier and top is purple, middle is black, and bottom is pink.  I love this material because she can wear it with almost any color of top.  The other skirt is black with purple and pink hearts.  It has one ruffle near the bottom.  Both of these skirts were simple to make.  The one with all the tiers took the longest since I made three separate ruffles. Each I finished in one day (with 1-2 hours of sewing.)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE those dresses!!! I hope she likes them soon. Cute skirts too! You should check out skirt week here: http://crafterhours.blogspot.com/2010/05/announcing-skirt-week-with-crafterhours.html

    ReplyDelete