Friday, June 24, 2011

Dolphin Quilt Phase 1

I bought some material when Ray and I first got married to make us a quilt for our bed.  Well, I finished some of the piecing but then when other projects came up I put it away and nearly forgot about it.  Last winter I was going through all my material and purging some of it when I came across it.  I needed more material for the border, especially since I decided to make it a king incase we ever got a king size bed.  Luckily, Walmart still carried some of the material I needed.  Just a few weeks ago I finished the quilt top.


I have now finished sandwiching the layers and trimming  them to size.  Unfortunately I was trying to machine quilt the bulky thing on my machine and the backing and batting slid and it was so uneven.  I now have to unpick all I have machine stitched.  I decided I will finish the binding and then do the hand stitching and then the machine stitching last.  I have put it away again because I am making Timmy, my son, a quilt and need to get it tied before I am too big to get on the floor and do it.  (I have that one about half of the quilt top done currently and work on it daily.)    Once I finish that one I will take this one out again and if I don't have it ready for the fair this year it should be for next year although I would like to have this one done so we can start using it.  My other quilt I made for us when we got married is wearing out and we need a new one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Sorry you have to unpick, I hate that more than anything!

    ReplyDelete