Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cruise Scrapbook

I worked on this cruise scrapbook for awhile.  But once I sat down and did it I was able to finish most of it in about 5-6 days of working about 1-2 hours a day on it.
 I actually bought the album on the cruise ship.  The picture in the front is a post card of the ship, Holiday.  Holiday is no longer owned by Carnival Cruise Line. They sold it and replaced it with a larger ship.
 This is from the formal night.  No special techniques on this page.  Very simple layout.
 I used some of my cricut die cuts on this pge with the cruise ship and wave.  Then the lettering is acrylic lettering glued on to circle cardstock cut outs.

 I actually had a different layout planned for this pool page but because I changed my mind due to the fact that I am trying to do as many pages as fast as possible to catch up a little I ended up using stickers instead of my die cuts I had planned. 
 I had got these golf embellishments in a grab bag I bought one Christmas and since we don't really golf I thought about giving them away or something but then I ended up using them on our miniature golf page.  The cruise ship had a small course on top.  The one day we played it was so windy our balls were blowing everywhere.
 For the dining page I just made flowers with silk flowers and buttons to match the paper.  I also glue some mini beads onto the larger white flower centers on the actual page.
 Another simple layout.  I used coordinating cardstock with the paper and then some Mexico stickers I got at the craft store.
 This one was a little harder to plan out.  I finally made coordinating flowers on the left page and the right page I have chipboard lettering.

 This was one of my favorite inspirations.  I saw lettering made out of pipecleaners in one of my scrapbook magazines so that is what I did here with the orange pipe cleaner.  I then used beads to enhance the look. 

 I actually did sewing on a scrapbook page.  I made these leaves with felt and ribbon, sewing the stems on the back, and then glueing them on the paper.

 The lettering is both chipboard and made out of ribbon.  I also sewed the ribbon on the left page to sort of look like waves to resemble the waves crashing on the beach below.

 Since we went in October we had a Halloween night.  Ray and I wore our pirate costumes I had made the year before.  I used a little of the left over lace as the embellishment on the bottom of the big picture.
The last page was just another simple page.  I used a lot of simple layouts and techniques so I could get it done quickly.  But overall I am happy with how most of the pages turned out.  I am not one to do a lot to a scrapbook page.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Post more to keep me inspired and maybe someday I will scrapbook again! Love the pipecleaner letters!

    ReplyDelete