Thursday, May 26, 2011

Star Baby Quilt

I wasn't planning on making a baby boy quilt since I already have one made and saved in my cedar chest.  But while cleaning out my material I came across this material I bought for another quilt I have decided not to make (it is pieced and I can't remember where I was on it since I had only started cutting the material and I started it years ago.)  Anyway, one piece was blue with white stars and the other was white with white stars.  It was just shy of a crib size (45x60)  It is more like 45x55.  I tied it with soft white yarn and binded it with white blanket binding.  It didn't take long at all.  And since I already had most of the material I spent only about $15 on finishing it.  If we don't have a boy (and I will know in about a week hopefully) then I most likely will give it as a gift sometime.

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. I always love the hand made baby blankets I have been given, and even more special if mommy made it. ;)

    ReplyDelete