Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baby Quilt

I try to make each baby two quilts.  I have a boy one already finished that I made when I didn't know if Kimberly was going to be a girl or boy.  I make a neutral one and then one for the gender of the baby.  I just finished the neutral quilt for this new baby.
I tied the front with orange yarn and binded it withe green blanket binding.  The back is yellow cotton.  I love my new machine.  First time I tried blanket binding on it and it turned out well.
I even finished the corners with a zigzag stitch.  Material cost about $30-35 to make it.  The front material was a little more expensive but I loved the colors so I got it.  It took about 2 hours to make since the tying was really quick.  The longest thing was pinning the binding on. I never pay full price for material.  I get it when it is either on sale or I have coupons for 40 or 50% off.

1 comment:

  1. It is a lovely blanket, love it with the green blanket binding!

    ReplyDelete