Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Butterfly and Princess Towels

I finished a butterfly and princess towel.  The butterfly towel was a little more detailed.  It is cut to the shape of a butterfly and then the spots are appliqued on both side.  I made it for my youngest daughter but my son is modeling it in the one picture since she didn't understand holding out the wings for the picture.  It cost a little more to make since it took 2 bath towels and 2 hand towels.  I think the materials cost around $15 and it took me two hours to make. 


The princess one was by far the easiest of the three that I made.  It took less than 45 minutes.  It also only took one hand towel and one bath towel.  I used scraps from the other two towels for the jewels.  It cost about $7 in material.  The pattern also had a sun and bird pattern which I plan to make in a few years. I also plan on making a lamb towel set for the baby I am expecting but still need to get the material for that.

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. I wish I was crafty like that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! Love them all, I'll make sure to not show my daughter these photos, or she might expect me to try. lol

    ReplyDelete