Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Books

So I haven't blogged in a really long time, over a year, on this blog.  I had pictures of things I wanted to post but never got a round to it.  I am trying to get back into it.

Today, though, I want to talk about some recent books I have read.

I have read the Matched Trilogoy by Ally Condie over the last year or so.  I love that series of books.  The first one sucked me right in.  I read both the first and second books within days.  The third one took me a little longer to get into than the first one but was still very compeling.

I also read Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck.  That disturbed me as much as 1984 did when I read it in High School.  Gosh, I hope we never get to that point.  At one time I thought nothing like 1984 could ever happen but I am seeing it more and more every time we vote in people that pass laws that slowly take away our freedoms.  Unfortunately there are evil people that exist and no matter how many laws we have it will never stop all the evil.  That is all I am going to say about that.

And I am always reading books by my favorite current author, Brandon Sanderson.  I have read The Way of the Kings twice.  Love that and can't wait for the next one to come out.  I check his website out every few days to see if he has made an progress on that one yet.  He has been finishing up Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series but now that is done I hope that he finishes that one soon. I have read several other books by him.  The Alloy of the Law, The Emperors Soul, and  Legion (I hope he explores that one with more books.)  My favorite two books from him so far are Elantris and The Way of the Kings but I enjoy all his books.

I have also started three middle school book series (I read them first and then if I like them read them to my children)  The Shadow Children, The Missing, and the Seven Towers.  All excellent.

I have a huge list of books I have read or am reading or will read so I will post so more about books later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment