Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Mini Hamburgers

We had our Ward Fish Fry on July 8th.  Everyone was asked to bring a dessert.  A few days earlier I bought a magazine from my favorite cooking magazine "Taste of Home" called "Fun Food."  I found this really cute idea.  I don't like standing for long periods so this was something I could do sitting down.  You need vanilla wafers, mini chocolate cookies (I used mint like it suggested,) coconut, red and green food coloring and white frosting.  You tint 1/4 cup frosting red and put that on half of the vanilla wafers.  Tint coconut green and then sprinkle on red frosting.  Place chocolate cookie on top.  Frost remaining vanilla wafers with white frosting and place on top.  The recipe said it would make 40, I got 36 since I ran out of red frosting.  They turned out cute, were really good, and were all ate up at the party.

1 comment:

  1. We made these for April Fool's this year! Everyone loved them, we called ours, "shamburgers. :)

    ReplyDelete